Wednesday, October 21, 2009

getting to know myself.. again

SO.... It has been forever since I updated the family blog. Lots has been going on and I have taken lots of pictures so get ready to be bombarded..

I have really taken the summer to start focusing on me again. I asked Bret.. what did I use to like to do..? It seems like being a mom has taken over and I don't know who I am anymore. I know there are are things I use to do that defined me and my personality and I have been introducing them back into my life again. One thing I have done was to work on my body.. I went to a medical weight loss clinic in Ogden. They weighed and measured me.. took my body fat and did some blood work. After finding out that my body is insulin resistant they put me on a high protein low carb diet and added metformin to help use up the extra insulin I produce. I am HAPPY to announce that I have lost 35 pounds! I still have about 25 more that I would like to lose.. but I am feeling great! I am posting my pictures of "before" and "now".
BEFORE
NOW

15 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

Wow Kris! That is awesome!!

Magoo said...

I love you Kris! You are an inspiration!!!

Candice said...

hot MAMMA

Sears Family of 6, wait wow 6!!!!! said...

Kris you look awesome! Good job!!

kris mair said...

haha.. thanks guys! I can't believe that I posted these pics.. ugh!!

whitney said...

Kris you look fabulous!!! But then again, I have always thought that about you! Miss seeing you!

.:emily:. said...

holy smokes woman! you are amazing!! Keep it up lady, you help keep the rest of us going!

jencantan said...

Good JOB Krissy poo... You look GREAT!!!!! Love you

vellanova said...

You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work. As far as the exercising goes add it in slowly. Sometimes I get up and it's like "ugh, so don't want to do this today!" but once I get going I get into it. After I'm done I feel like I could take on the world. I'm sweaty and red in the face, but I feel like I have done something really good just for me...no one else. If you make it personal instead of something you have to do or should do you will find it easier to stick to.

Adree said...

I was soooo excited to see you finally posted. I love the new look. You look great. Keep up the good work and lose a few for me to would ya.

tiffany said...

YAY! you look so great!And to help you remember what you used to like to do...add to the list, take your sister to lunch!!! teehee LOVE YOU!

dauneen said...

Oh, honey, I'm so proud of you! You are looking great! I'll bet Bret and fam are noticing, too. I'm glad you posted those pictures. I'm so excited that you are giving it all you've got! You go girl! Now....if you start to flat line, remember the body is trying to get used to the new you. Don't give up. Talk to your doctor, but whenever I hit a plateau (sp?) I'd started having grapefruit for breakfast or grapefruit juice (too much sugar, tho) or lemon water. I've heard they act as a catalyst to help the body over that plateau. It always worked for me but I could be nuts!
At any rate, I'm so proud of you for making the decision and going after it. Of course, I love you no matter what because of your loving generosity, genuine love for me and just lots of other reasons too numerous to mention here. Keep on keepin' on! You're doing awesome! hugs, mom

The Jensens said...

You look so good Kris!!!! I am sooo excited for you.

Brittney said...

you go girl! you look amazing!!! :)

Mrs. Lawley said...

Krissy you look freakin awesome!! good work!!